Sometimes, the things that can put our health at risk can be found in the very air we breathe. From fine dust to too much carbon monoxide, these particles and gases can increase our likelihood of developing skin and respiratory diseases. This is why over the past years, there has been an increase in the demand for indoor air quality monitors in Australia among homeowners. But how do you choose which device suits your needs best? Here are six tips to help you out.
- Purchase from a reputable source. To ensure that your air quality meter is an effective and well-functioning one, it’s best to buy only from a credible source. Check their products carefully and look into their qualifications, licenses, and accreditations.
- Look for a smartphone-compatible device. For convenience, you should also consider getting a device that is automated and is compatible with your mobile gadget. This type of monitor can help you track your indoor air quality even when you’re away from your home.
- Check what it measures. Air quality meters are designed to measure different parameters — from particular matter to humidity to temperature, carbon monoxide, and even chemical pollutants. Know your intent for buying an air quality monitor in Australia and do consider your immediate environment (for instance do you live near an industrial zone?
- Consider ease of readability. Not all of us are equipped with technical knowledge about indoor air quality. Hence, it’s important to choose an air quality monitor in Australia that is intuitive to use and easy to read or comprehend. While some devices feature numerical indicators, others have sensors that light up when there’s an excessive level of a particular parameter.
- Make sure it’s within your budget. Finding the best air quality meter for your home is also dependent on your budget. Air quality-monitoring devices come at different prices (the price range typically goes higher if the device is packed with extra features). As stated, you have to buy a device that allows you to measure which parameters you want to measure — or else, it will only be futile to invest in this kind of device.
- Look for reviews and testimonials. One way of checking the credibility of your supplier is by looking for reviews from previous clients. Search online or ask from acquaintances who you know are using the same device you’re eyeing to buy. Check for the product’s ability to accurately measure air quality parameters as well as its durability.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]How to Choose the Best Air Quality Monitor for your Home,